Recipe by BB502
This is such a great cake to use summer fruit in! It's flavorful and great plain, or topped with ice cream or whipped cream!Best of all...it's Guilt free!
Top Review by ~cbw~
I doubled this recipe and made it in a 9x13 pan and used frozen whole peaches for my fruit. It was very easy to make and reminded me of peach cobbler when it was finished. I didn't think the 'dough' seemed very sweet, so, I did sprinkle some equal sweetner (2 packets) on the top of it. I would definitely have the icecream or whipped topping when serving this-it needed some extra sweetness. Thanks for posting, Betsy!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup fruit juice (unsweetened)
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 packet Sweet 'n Low
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit (bananas, pineapple, peaches, pears, apples, blueberries,etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the two egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together egg yolks, mashed bananas and fruit juice.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix.
- Now, add the fruit, egg whites and packet of sweetener.
- Fold gently until blended.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking pan or casserole.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- Can be topped with ice cream or whipped cream or eaten plain!