Recipe by Skitzmix-julz
This recipe is a hand me down from my grandmother its very morish incredibly easy and if you can't get your kids to eat bread or fruit this is for you....
- 1 loaf day-old white bread
- 2 cups mixed fruit (packet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 250 g suet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spices, mixed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted mixed nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- soak the bread in cold water for 10 minutes and then squeeze out as much water as you can.
- mix all other ingredients into it.
- press down into large square baking tray lined with cooking paper sprinkle raw sugar over the top then cook in the oven on 180 for up to a hour and a half or until it feels hard when you press on the top.
- the nuts can be left out for a more moist bread.