Recipe by Gerry sans Sanddunes
No eggs or cream make this one a keeper. Should you choose to, serve it warm with milk, cream, yogurt-cheese, sourcream, icecream or whatever. Personally, I like it naked!
- 6 slices of thick-cut whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread slices in a 325*F oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut bread into cubes and combine with the fruit and nuts.
- Mix sugar, water and cinnamon together.
- Add liquid to bread mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Let mixture stand for 5 minutes, then stir again.
- Turn into a greased 8" square (or similar) casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325*F for 30-35 minutes.