1/6 Photos of Fruit Bouquet
Chef Dee's Note:
I created this decorative fruit centerpiece for our holiday appetizer buffet.It was very easy, and I made it the night before. With more time, you can make it even nicer ! I served it with White Chocolate Fruit Dip # 137738
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need a plant pot, round florists styrofoam ball to fit into the pot and garland. The recipe format would not allow me to put these in the ingredients needed.
- 2Cut the styrofoam so it fits into the plant pot, the top of the styro should be just even with the top of the plant pot.
- 3Wrap the garland around the pot, then cover the styro foam top with it.
- 4On med. low heat, melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave, stirring every min, being very careful that water or moisture does not get into the chocolate.
- 5When smooth, dip the top 1/3 of the strawberries into the melted chocolate, then place on skewers.
- 6Poke all the strawberry skewers into the styro, as this will store them upright until the chocolate is set.
- 7With a serrated knife, or a ridged hors d'ouvres tool, slice the melons into 1" wide by 3" long pieces.
- 8Insert the melon pieces onto the skewers, lengthwise,set aside.
- 9Place the pineapple chunks onto the skewers, set aside.
- 10Place the grapes onto the skewers long-wise; purple, then green, then purple, ending with another green.
- 11Remove the choc. dipped strawberry skewers from the plant pot, set aside.
- 12Start poking the fruited skewers into the styro filled pot.
- 13Fill the center first, then work towards the outside.
- 14I served this with White Chocolate Fruit Dip #137738.
- 15Note: I made this the night before our party,and of course it wouldn't fit in the fridge.
- 16I wrapped it loosely with saran wrap, placed it in a box not much larger than the plant pot, then set it in my car in a cool garage, it was still nice and fresh teh next day !
- 17BE CAREFUL when you move it, as it is top heavy !
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Bouquet
Serving Size: 1 (901 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 134.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: