1/1 Photo of Fruit Blast Sage Iced Tea
1 hr 8 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This tea has an intense fruity flavor with just a hint of herbally sage. Great with a piece of lemon added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water, rhubarb and cherries in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover pan, reduce heat, and simer 30 minutes.
- 3Strain mixture through a sieve, pressing fruit (fruit should be cooked to a pulp).
- 4Discard pressed fruit pulp.
- 5Return strained mixture to the saucepan and heat until it just starts to boil.
- 6Add tea bags, fresh sage, and balsamic vinegar.
- 7Allow to steep away from heat, covered, for 6-8 minutes.
- 8Strain mixture, removing sage and tea bags.
- 9When slightly cool, place 5 cups cold water ito a pitcher and add tea.
- 10Stir in 1/2 cup honey (more or less, to taste), until honey dissolves.
- 11Serve tea on ice, garnished with a lemon slice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Blast Sage Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (1169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves