Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 mangoes (or other firm summer fruit)
- 1 can black beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- garlic pepper seasoning, to taste (with salt)
- Choose fully ripe mangos, peaches, or nectarine; peel, pit, and cut them into a small dice.
- Choose a firm red and/or yellow pepper; core, seed, blanch in boiling water, and cut into a small dice.
- If using both colors, use half of each pepper.
- Combine ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- The salsa may be made and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
I made this as part of my Cinco de Mayo meal. It had a great flavor and we enjoyed it. Didn't put the full cup of cilantro in, seemed like a lot of cilantro, I used about 1/2 cup. Also, I had a little more vinegar and lime juice as it was a little dry. Will make again.