Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
From a Sun-Maid magazine ad - different from any I found posted. Makes a nice "almost" sweet side to pork and turkey.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onions and celery.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, water, rice, contents of seasoning packet, and fruit.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to med-low.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in pecans and serve.
Perfect for the holidays - or any time you want a great rice pilaf. A combination that comes together to make for a wonderful side. Used pecans but I am sure it would be equally good using almonds. Thank you for sharing - it's in my holiday favorites cookbook.
I used the boxed rice mix, & it was fine, but another time I'd like to make up some wild rice myself, not from a box! Loved the combination of the pilaf with raisins & the TOASTED pecans! Definietly a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
Wonderful pilaf! I used almonds instead of pecans and just used a combination of white rice and wild rice with some herbs thrown in rather than a boxed mix. Thanks for posting!