Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for Craz-E Contest 2009 Salad category. This is a savory sweet salad that is elegant enough to have as a entrée to a fancy meal or burgers on the grill.. Please enjoy and feel free to add or subtract your desires. Submitted for Start with Salad at a Dinner Party Category.
Top Review by CoffeeB
I love this salad. All my favorite ingredients that I normally have on hand...well sometimes not the fruit:-) The dressing is the absolute best. I love the addition of garlic to a simle olive oil/applecider vinegar blend. I omitted the tarragon, chives and peas. I made this into a single serving and just piled everything on my plate. I also added some sliced avocado. MMMMmmm...so wonderful~ Made for Crazeee Contest.
- arugula, lettuce*
- 1⁄4 lb radish, quartered
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh strawberry, halved*
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar
- tarragon, 2 twig leaves crushed in fingers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- In glass bowl layer ingredients as listed.
- Save 2 strawberry halves for topping garnish floret.
- Snip chives into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle over top of salad.
- In carafe or mixing bowl blend ingredients and shake or mix well.
- Pour over salad and serve with a crusty loaf of bread to dip with.
- or use as a side for soup or sandwich.
- Add ons at your discretion:.
- This is a very forgiving and versatile recipe. You can add other items to the salad to give it your signature.