Recipe by BlueDoxie
From "500 Low-Fat Fruit and Vegetable Recipes: the One-Stop Source for Healthful, Great-Tasting Meals" by Sarah Schlesinger. Quite different but quite good.
- 2 tablespoons mild light-flavored olive oil
- 2 cups thinly slice zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced eggplants
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1 plum, pitted and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute zucchini, eggplant, and onion for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, nectarines, peach, plum, garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss with lemon juice and serve.