Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cool, sassy, and refreshing.
- 2 cups water
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 regular tea bags
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- To a saucepan, add the water, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add the tea bags; steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and spices.
- Add in sugar, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Let cool.
- Pour into a pitcher and chill thoroughly.
- Serve over ice.
I'm from the South and love sweet tea, but there was way too much pineapple and orange juice for my taste. They drowned out all the other flavors. Disappointed because it looked like a great recipe...I'll have to try it again using a lot less juice.
I have been looking for this recipe for YEARS!!!! I call this "Miracle Tea" because a nurse "prescribed it to me when I was down with laryngitis. I tend to COMPLETELY loose my voice- I mean not even a whisper comes out. This tea not only restored my voice in ONE day, but I didn't completely lose my voice the day I started drinking it! And it was Super Bowl Sunday! :) And the flavor is wonderful!
Worth going to the extra effort to make this. Extrememly refreshing. I will double the recipe next time because it didn't last any time between me, my husband and two kids. Thanks for a refreshing drink recipe.