Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped dates
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- in bowl,cream butter and sugar, add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition --
- combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, gradually add to creamed mixture.
- stir in dates, raisins, walnuts.cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- on floured surface, roll out cookies to 1/4" thickness.cut with 2 1/2" round cutter -- dipped in flour.
- plae 1" apart on greased sheets and bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- remove to racks to cool.
- meanwhile combine glaze ingredients and brush over warm cookies.