Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great dessert for a crowd. Make it a day ahead and add the whipped topping just before serving. Assemble and serve in a large, clear glass trifle bowl.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagespound cake, cut in 3/4 inch slices
- 3 (15 3/4 ounce) cans prepared vanilla pudding
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange segments (juice pack or in light syrup)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 bananas, sliced and sprinkled with a little lemon juice to maintain color
- 16 ounces frozen whole strawberries
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Defrost the strawberries, reserving juice. Drain orange segments, reserving juice/syrup. Drain dark cherries, reserving juice.
- In a large, glass trifle bowl begin assembly by placing a layer of pound cake slices in the bottom of the bowl. Drizzle some of the reserved juices on each slice of cake. spoon 1/2 can of pudding over cake slices. Spoon one of the fruits over the pudding.
- Continue making additional layers with the remaining cake (drizzled with juice), pudding, and fruit. Arrange the fruit around the sides of the bowl (for the layer) to make it pretty.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or more.
- Top with whipped topping before serving. Serve by scooping into individual serving bowls with a large spoon.