Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Always on the look out for tasty desserts that are diabetic friendly for the DM who has a sweet tooth. This one is from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. I would suggest serving it with a fat free sugar free vanilla yoghurt. You could also serve this as a breakfast dish.
- 1 pear (red large cut into thin wedges)
- 150 g honeydew melon (peeled deseeded and chopped)
- 1 banana (small halved lengthways diagonally sliced)
- 2 passion fruit (pulp removed)
- 10 pistachios (unsalted shelled)
- Put the pear, melon, banana and passionfruit pulp in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the fruit salad between small bowls andd top with the pistachios to serve.
Took me a little while to find a passion fruit that would work for me, & then, with the exception of almost doubling the amount of pistachios used, I followed the recipe right on down, & we had a very flavorful fruit salad, & something quite a bit different from our usual fare! Definitely want to make this again when we have special company! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Make My Recipe]