Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Culinary Institute of America. A great snack for the kids!
Make and share this Fruit and Pecan Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread oats on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Lightly oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, egg white, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in toasted oats, dried cranberries or golden raisins, pecans and flour.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.
These are great! They are a great base to add lots of different flavor combinations to. I used walnuts in place of the pecans, and cut the brown sugar down to 3/4 cup. I think I could have even reduced it more, as these are quite sweet. They are delicious, though. Thanks for posting!
These are terrific, thanks for the recipe! g/v