Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These easy to make bars are lower in fat than many commercial snack bars and don't have the additives are preservatives!!!
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted oats
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread oats on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- 2. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Lightly oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk egg, egg white, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in toasted oats, dried cranberries, pecans and flour.
- 4. Spread in prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.