1/1 Photo of Fruit and Nut Sweet Potato Fusion
A.B. Hall's Note:
If you’re a fan of sweet potatoes, or looking for a different way to prepare them, this dish is a sweet, fruity and nutty combination that’s easy to make and can be enjoyed time and time again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks (substitute cashew butter for a vegan alternative)
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped (into halves or thirds)
- 1Steam the sweet potato cubes over medium heat about 25 minutes (time is given from the moment the stove is turned on until the sweet potatoes are done).
- 2Place the sweet potatoes and butter in a medium bowl and mash with an electric mixer on low speed (the heat from the sweet potatoes should melt the butter). Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- 3Notes: The orange juice adds quite a bit of sweetness to this dish. You may wish to add the brown sugar slowly, tasting as you go, to avoid over-sweetening.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit and Nut Sweet Potato Fusion
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.9
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 358.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g