Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe off a morning show back in 1997 and it has been the stuffing of choice every Thanksgiving since. Will stuff a 16 to 18 lb. turkey.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 16 ounces unseasoned bread, cubes
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1 teaspoon sage leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons marjoram, leaves or 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Sauté onions and celery in butter until translucent and add to a large bowl with unseasoned bread cubes and toasted pecans.
- If you need to toast your pecans you can do so over medium-low heat in a skillet.
- Add the following ingredients to the bowl: cranberries, raisins, sage thyme and marjoram.
- (You can add the chopped cooked giblets if you would like) Toss to blend and then add chicken broth to moisten and salt and pepper to taste.
- You can cook separately at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes or cook inside the bird.
- Cooking times will vary with size and shape of pan.
- Add broth to maintain preferred moisture level of stuffing.