Recipe by Sharon123
Raisins, walnuts, pecans, almonds, and honey cozy up in a rich, buttery pastry roll. Great served with coffee and covered in berries and whipped cream. Plan a little ahead, as this must chill for a couple hours. Adapted from Chef2Chef.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
well this is the first time I have ever baked in a slow cooker and be certain that your slow cooker is large enough to hold the dish, I'm just wondering if this could be baked sucesfully in the oven on a very low heat, and I might just give that a try then next time I make it, also I only used walnuts for this as that was all I had at the time, next time I am going to sub maraschino cherry halves for the raisins I think it would be a nicer presentation for the holidays, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or 2 forks, stir in sugar.
- Create a well in the center, add the egg yolks and stir to form a paste.
- Stir in the salt, cinnamon and water and form into a ball.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the refrigerated pastry into a rectangular shape about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread the honey on top, then sprinkle with raisins, almonds, pecans and walnuts.
- Beginning at the long end, carefully roll up the pastry; shape the log into a circular wreath to fit into a 6-cup round baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Set the dish in the slow cooker, and cook on High for 3 or 4 hours, or until golden brown. Carefully lift out baking dish and serve hot or lukewarm. Enjoy!