- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 scallions, chopped (white & light green parts only)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a med to lge sauce pan.
- Cook pine nuts over low heat about 3 minutes or until browned, then remove from pan and reserve.
- In same pan add 2 cups water, rice, juice, S&P and bring to boil; cover, reduce heat to low and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in raisins, scallions and cilantro.
- Let stand 5 minutes then sprinkle with pine nuts just before serving.