Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with low-fat milk or sprinkled over yogurt for a quick breakfast. Stored in an airtight container, the granola will keep for up to 2 weeks. From Cooking Light.
- 4 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (toasted or honey crunch)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the honey and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat, and cook 4 minutes or until warm. Add the oil and vanilla; stir with a whisk.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, and toss well.
- Spread oat mixture onto a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool in pan.
- Place oat mixture in a large bowl; stir in dried fruits.