1/2 Photos of Fruit and Nut Cereal
1 hr 15 mins
A delicious, healthy treat made with grains, seeds, and dried fruit. This makes a nice gift too! Adapted from the California Fig folks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat flakes (I use multi-grain flakes)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried fig
- 1/4 cup dried apple ring
- 1/4 cup dried apricot
- 1/4 cup toasted almond
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Coat a shallow baking pan(or cookie sheet) with cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the oats, wheat flakes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, ground flax seed, apple juice concentrate, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon.
- 4Spread the oat mixture in the prepared pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- 5Place the cereal, figs, apples, apricots, and almonds in an airtight container.
- 6To serve, place 2/3 cup of the cereal mixture in a bowl.
- 7Top with soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, low fat milk, or yogurt.
- 8Serves 12.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit and Nut Cereal
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g