Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This is am amazing bread pudding, one of the best I have made! it's a really great recipe to use up stale bread, so don't throw your stale bread away, place them in freezer bags and freeze until you have enough for this recipe! Plan ahead, this needs to sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 16 slices day-old bread, torn into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teapoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups coarsley chopped pecans
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter (nor subs please!)
- whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and sugar; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, half and half cream, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until foamy.
- Pour over bread mixture; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut the apples from the pie filling in half; add apples and filling to bread mixture.
- Stir in pecans, raisins and butter.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into spuares and serve warm or cold.