Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a conglomeration of all the healthy/hippie Banana Bread versions I've read over the years. It's definitely inspired by the Laurel's Kitchen banana bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 apples, pulp from two juiced apples
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter your (pans). This will make a huge loaf of bread or a small loaf and six muffins.
- Add oats to yogurt and water. You could substitute 1 cup buttermilk here.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, Herbs.
- Beat the eggs.
- In another bowl mash the bananas and add to the eggs.
- Cream the butter with the molasses. Add mixture to eggs/bananas.
- Dump applesauce, apple pulp, yogurt/oats and nuts to the wet mixture.
- Mix the wet with the dry as thoroughly as possible.
- Pour batter into pan(s).
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and a little more Herbs de provence on top.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to an hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.