Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a change from the usual rice crispies bars, & of course, it includes raisins!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried fruit, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Spray 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine crispies, raisins & dried fruit bits, & set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter, then stir in vanilla, before adding marshmallows.
- Stir the mixture to coat marshmallows, then heat gently to melt them, stirring until smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture & gently mix together.
- Press into prepared dish & cool.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Had some leftover marshmallows and wanted to use them up rather than let them go stale. Decided a half batch of this dish would make a great treat for the kids in the family. My combination of fruit included dried cherries, cranberries and apricots which I chopped myself. I also added 1/4 cup chopped almonds and used almond extract to echo that flavor. The bars have not yet been served but my nibble from the spoon -- you know the bits that stick -- were delightful.
What a nice change! I've never added anything (other than a sprinkling of chocolate chips) to rice krispie square so this was deff something new! I used multi colored marshmallows which melted to a pinky-orangey color and used craisins for the dried fruit. Will be making this again soon!
Very good - I made them exactly as stated in the recipe. Great quick and easy recipe! Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap 20.