1/3 Photos of Fruit and Macadamia Stuffed Pork Loin With Port Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a delicious stuffed pork recipe The recipe calls for 4 250g pork fillets and mine were large about 550g each so I just did one for the 2 of us. I still made the same amount of cheese fruit mix though and only had about 2 tablespoons left over. I am sure you could also do 2 pork loins of 500g each and get the same result as I have never found a pork loin that only ways in at 250g. For the fruit I chopped up some apricots with cranberries and the macadamias, we really enjoyed it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit, chopped (Read description)
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- salt and pepper
- 4 pork fillets (approx 250g each, again read description)
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Combine Philly, fruit and nuts in a box making sure to mix well. Season mix with salt and pepper.
- 2Make a cut lengthways down the centre of each pork loin 3/4 of the way through.
- 3Pound meat with a meat mallet until it is about the same thickness.
- 4Place spinach leaves all over the inside of the pork, then spoon the philly mix down the centre of each pork fillet.
- 5Fold pork up to encase filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 6Heat the oil in a large fry pan and sear meat on all side until browned.
- 7Transfer meat to a baking dish and bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees c for 20-30 Min's or until cooked as desired.
- 8I found that I had to cook mine as it was a larger loin for 40 min's but having said that my oven is not the hottest.
- 9Remove fillets from baking dish, wrap in foil to keep warm and rest for 10 min's. Combine pork juices, port, water and stock in baking dish and bring to the boil, stirring to loosen all pan juices.
- 10Add sugar stir to dissolve, add cornflour and cook for 2-3 min's or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- 11Slice pork and serve drizzled with port sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit and Macadamia Stuffed Pork Loin With Port Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g