Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite way to dress up salad greens. You can add almost anything to the salad, but oranges and grapes are my favorites. The dressing is not overly sweet or tart-a nice balance. Even my 2 and 4 year olds will eat salad when prepared this way!
- 198.44 g torn salad greens (I use bibb and red leaf lettuce)
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and chunked
- 236.59 ml red seedless grapes, halved
- 59.14 ml raw pumpkin seeds or 59.14 ml sunflower seeds or 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml fresh orange juice
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml orange zest
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Combine lettuces, oranges, grapes, bacon and seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss together and serve with dressing.
I didn't have any whipped cream but wanted to make a topping for fruit salad. It was pretty good, but a little bland.
Amazing! My 5 and 6 yr old boys had 3-4 servings and wanted more! I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain. For the seeds, I used sunflower seeds and also added blueberries.
Very good, very light. Great Summer salad! Next time I'll skip the bacon as it was kind of a distracting flavor.