Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite way to dress up salad greens. You can add almost anything to the salad, but oranges and grapes are my favorites. The dressing is not overly sweet or tart-a nice balance. Even my 2 and 4 year olds will eat salad when prepared this way!
- 7 ounces torn salad greens (I use bibb and red leaf lettuce)
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and chunked
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup raw pumpkin seeds or 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Combine lettuces, oranges, grapes, bacon and seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss together and serve with dressing.
I didn't have any whipped cream but wanted to make a topping for fruit salad. It was pretty good, but a little bland.
Amazing! My 5 and 6 yr old boys had 3-4 servings and wanted more! I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain. For the seeds, I used sunflower seeds and also added blueberries.
Very good, very light. Great Summer salad! Next time I'll skip the bacon as it was kind of a distracting flavor.