Recipe by Kat Rahal
This is a good light summery dessert - W/O the calories. My kids and DH don't even know that everything in this is sugar free or fat free! I always have requests for this recipe. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 package jello sugar-free strawberry gelatin (8-serving size)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold orange juice, and ice to make 1 1/4 cups
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) candrained fruit cocktail
- 8 ounces cool whip light whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir 1-1/2 cups boiling water into the l pkg.
- Strawberry gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 minutes until dissolved.
- Mix l cup cold orange juice and ice to make 1-1/4 cup.
- Stir into gelatin.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups of the gelatin; stir in the drained fruit cocktail.
- Stir 1/2 of the Cool Whip into remaining gelatin with a wire whisk until blended.
- Pour into a 9-inch square dish.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes until set but not firm.
- Carefully spoon fruit gelatin over creamy layer in dish.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with remaining Cool Whip.