Recipe by Lise in Indiana
Delicious bars that have a creamy cheesecake and fruit pie filling in the center. Drizzled in a glaze, these taste just like biting into a pie! Bake in a 15" by 10" jellyroll pan, or in a 13" by 9" pan, depending on how thick you like your bars. Courtesy of Lucky Leaf Pie Filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pie filling, any flavor
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined. Set batter aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Grease a 15x10x1 pan or 9×13, whichever one you decide to use. Spread 3 cups batter in the bottom. Spread the cream cheese layer on top and lastly Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 (If using a 9x13, increase bake time to 35) minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk for the glaze and drizzle over the bars. Let the bars cool completely, or refrigerate for 3 hours for easier cutting into bars.