Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet pastry treat for a quick Breakfast! They'll think you bought it from a Pastry chef! Can be made the night before, and baked the next day!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pie filling (I use Blueberry)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Open crescent roll dough and spread 1 can and a 1/2 onto a non stick 9x13 cookie sheet.
- Reserve 1/2 a can for lattice (the topping).
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the crescent dough.
- Next spread, on top of the cheese, the pie filling.
- Using the 1/2 can of leftover dough, cut it into strips and stretch across the pastry in a lattice design from one corner to the other over lapping like the top of a pie.
- Melt butter and brush over the lattice dough and edges of the pastry.
- Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes, or until crescent dough is golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and slice.
- I tried using peach pie filling once, but I ended up having to use 2 cans to have enough peaches to cover the top. It cost a little more but it was Delicious!
- Great with Coffee or a large glass of Milk!
Excellent! My family & friends really enjoyed this tasty treat! Thanks!
Made 2 pastries (cherry and apple) for a morning meeting and everyone loved it! I agree with NancyB that it seemed a little heavy on the cream cheese. I will definitely make again, but I will try halving the cream cheese mixture.
Took this to church and it was g-o-n-e. It didn't look so pretty (I wan't good with the lattice on top). I thought it was a little heavy on the cream cheese - but 1 package may be too little. I made it with blueberries and got *rave* reviews on it.