Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pudding I've been making since my children where tiny! It's very simple and just the thing if you have a sweet tooth!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can fruit salad
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Using a beater, cream eggs and sugar.
- Sieve flour, bicarb and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture together with fruit salad.
- Pour into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 180°C (375°F degrees) for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Boil all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- When pudding is baked, prick with a skewer and pour hot sauce over.
- Serve with custard or whipped cream.