Recipe by Dinglebop
I pack one of these for my lunch pail, and have it on my first morning break. Gives me energy to listen to the teacher.
Top Review by French Tart
A lovely spread - I made a couple of changes due to regional ingredient issues; as I have fresh figs, I used them instead of dried figs.....and they are not as sweet! I made this in a French pain au lait - a little brioche type bun and used local cream cheese. I will leave the honey out next time, as I thought it was just a bit too sweet for me....but a power packed lunch sandwich! Made for PAC Autumn 2007. Thanks! FT:-)
- 1 English muffin
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup dried fig, about three
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- First toast the English Muffin in the toaster.
- Chop the three figs ( or apricots) into small pieces, and take the shells off the sunflowers seeds.
- I buy mine without shells just for some recipes like this and salads, that way I dont have to put them in my mouth to bite them open.
- Cream by mashing and stirring the cheese, figs, and honey in a bowl, until smooth.
- I use the cream cheese in the little containers mom says they are called soft tub cream cheeses.
- Stir in lastly the shelled sunflower seeds.
- Spread on your toasted muffin.
- Place into your tupperware container for lunch packing.
- This might be a little more that enough to use on one muffin , depends if you like a little or a lot of cheese.