Recipe by jonesies
The dried fruit in this snack will satisfy your sweet cravings without a lot of extra calories, while the reduced-calorie cheese helps keep the fat down. Update: I didn't have any low-fat cheddar on hand, so I shook some crumbled blue cheese into the light cream cheese and the outcome was great!
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (at room temperature)
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried fruit (your choice such as apple, pineapple, apricots, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop/dice dried fruit to small uniform pieces.
- Beat together cheddar cheese, cream cheese and red-pepper seasoning in small bowl until blended, about 1 minute.
- Stir in dried fruits with wooden spoon.
- Using 1 level measuring tablespoon, form mixture into balls, rolling between palms of your hands.
- Roll balls in chopped parsley.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, anything you'd like or just pop them into your mouth one by one!
- The snacks can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container.