Recipe by MommyMakes
I haven't tried this yet but it is supposed to be so easy!!! This was passed on to me by a co-worker on a tiny, hardly readable piece of copy paper. The original recipe calls for orange juice and marmalade, however any fruit flavor will do. Try Strawberry! Also, you may want to brush some egg or milk over the dough before baking (for shine).
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (any flavor fruit juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade (any flavor fruit preserves)
Chocolate Drizzle Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Cut 3 ounces cream cheese and butter into baking mix. Stir in fruit juice (orange).
- Turn dough out onto surface well dusted with baking mix. Gently roll in baking mix to coat. Knead 10 times. Roll into rectangle 15 X 9 inches. Place on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Beat 8 ounces cream cheese and fruit preserves (marmalade) until smooth. Spread mixture in a 4 inch strip lengthwise down center of dough rectangle.
- Cut dough into strips stopping at the cream cheese layer (do not cut all the way through).
- Fold strips over filing overlapping and crossing at center (to create a braid).
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. While braid is baking, mix all chocolate sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Once done, cool 10 minutes and remove to wire rack. Cool completely and drizzle with chocolate sauce.