Recipe by Hydra
One of my favorite breakfasts, easy and quick to make and they go fast! Some of my recommendations for a little twist (I mix and match!): -If you desire sweeter crepes, omit the salt and add 2 tablespoons sugar -Try spreading a little cream cheese before filling the crepes -Add 1/4 cup of fresh berries, your choice (corresponding to your yogurt flavor, I recommend strawberry, which should be thinly sliced) -Garnish with whipping cream is desired
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened yogurt (I use yoplait or activia)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cottage cheese, yogurt and berries (optional) and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, oil and salt, beat until well mixed.
- Heat a lightly greased 8 inch skillet to spread batter.
- Prepare squares of wax paper to transfer cooked crepes.
- Remove well heated skillet from heat and spoon in about 3-4 tablespoons of batter.
- Lift and tilt the skillet to evenly spread the batter around the pan.
- Return to heat and brown on one side.
- Invert over to waxed paper and remove crepe.
- Repeat with remaining batter, occasionally re-grease.
- Spoon 1/6 of filling into the middle of each prepared crepe and roll. This recipe produces thin rolls, adding optional fruit or additional fruit will make them more bulky. (Some times it's fun to lay out the crepes, the filling and other ingredients out, to create your own "fajita" style meal.).