Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
The recipe for this wonderful appetizer was found in the Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, 2008.
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounces brie cheese, round, rind removed
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced & toasted
- In small bowl, combine caramel topping, cranberries, apples & walnuts.
- Place Brie in microwable bowl, & spread the caramel mixture over the Brie.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 60-90 seconds, or until cheese is heated through & slightly melted.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
This made a lovely appetizer, wonderful combination of flavors. I used dried mango rather than apple and put on whole wheat bread, otherwise per recipe. Will definitely include this in my appetizer repertoire. Thanks Sydney Mike.
Wow, I loved this dip Syd. It was excellant. Sweet & decadent; walnuts, apples, cranberries and brie. I left the rind on the brie because I love the texture, the hint of bitter was a nice contrast for this sweet treat. I served on toasted baguette as recommended, it was so good, when I was finished, I kept looking for more. Thanks for sharing another killer dip Syd.