Recipe by Abby Girl
The dressing in this salad is devine. I served this colourful salad buffet style at a recent family reunion
P)oppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (grapeseed oil or safflower oil)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded and sectioned
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup red grapes, halved (seedless or green grapes)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, salt, poppy seeds, paprika and mustard. Set aside.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine oranges, apple, broccoli and grapes. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, until chilled, or for up to 6 hours. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Variation: use a chopped red skinned pear in place of the apple and toasted hazelnuts or walnuts in place of the pecans.