Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are not only good for you, but they taste good too. I even got my husband to try them, and he liked them. They give you a good dose of fiber.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 cups cracklin' all-bran cereal
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups Hodgson Mill oat bran hot cereal or 1 1⁄4 cups other similar cereal
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan, remove from heat, and Stir in Cracklin' Oat Bran. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Stir in apple and next 8 ingredients until blended.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, lightly voat with cooking spray. Spoon batter evenly into cups.
- Bake at 375F for 18-20 minutes or untila wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.