Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy "throw-together" recipe for a fabulous dessert! Works well with fresh berries from the garden or berries that you've frozen.
- 4 cups fruit (whatever mixture you like -- blueberry and peach, blackberry, apple and berry, strawberry and rhubar)
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix fruit/berries with sugar and cornstarch and pour into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle entire box of dry cake mix on top of fruit mixture.
- Drizzle cubes of melted butter over the top and bake for about 1 hour.
- Serve as is or with fresh whipped cream.
Yum! The dry cake mix absorbs the berry juices while baking and creates a cobbler-esque topping -- absolutely delicious!