Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Total cost for meal - about $3 Saving money is my latest quest, so I am sharing some new found frugal recipes for anyone else a little low on cash! (Havent tried this one yet, plan to soon though!)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 -2 medium zucchini, sliced thickly & then cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped onion
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook and drain tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Sautee onion and zucchini until transparent& tender.
- Add tomatoes and simmer, 3-5 minutes.
- Combine tortellini with vegetables and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
YUM! I used dry tortelini as my store did not carry the frozen! I also used baby tomatoes, zuchini and squash, red onion, and I topped with ramano cheese since its what I had on hand. I added italian turkey sausage to this as well, as my hubby likes his meat. This recipe was VERY Good. I will make it again for sure. I think adding some fresh baby spinach, would be fantastic and fresh garlic couldn't hurt either! I did not find it all the frugal, though. The noodles were almost 3 dollars a bag, and I had to buy 2 packages to feed all 6 of us, then of course adding meat bumped it up. I bet it would be good with chicken added, and less expensive that way too! thank you for a great recipe that we all enjoyed.
I needed a quick easy dinner so I tried this as I had all the ingredients on hand (unusual??) I used less olive oil, added garlic and padana cheese. Great veggie dinner. Thanks Laura
Made as directed except I added garlic (as I always do). My fiance with a wrinkled nose asked what I was making as he's not big on veggies. However, he devoured his plate - piled high with zucchini and tomatoes till he was stuffed! That's a good sign right there! This will be a regular around the house! Thanks!