Recipe by Little Old Me
Total Cost - About .50 a bar! Not too bad if you comparison shop a bit, and knowing exactly what goes into them is a sigh of relief for the health-wise. (Nice for toddlers also)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed ripened bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, salt, bananas, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Beat until very well mixed.
- Stir in the oats and blend thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture evenly in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50-60 minutes Cool slightly, then cut into bars of about 1 x 2 inches.