1/5 Photos of Frugal Gourmet's Polish Noodles and Cabbage
This recipe is from "The Frugal Gourmet on Our Immigrant Ancestors" cookbook. It's a great Polish comfort food, easy to mix and serve, and it's easy on the pocketbook. I like to add sliced Kielbasa to mix when done and serve with a tossed salad and good hard-crust bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large skillet.
- 2Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- 3Add cabbage and sauté 5 minutes, or till tender but still crisp.
- 4Stir in caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook noodles in salted water as directed on package.
- 6Don't overcook.
- 7Drain well.
- 8Stir noodles into cabbage and add sour cream.
- 9Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Polish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Polish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frugal Gourmet's Polish Noodles and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.0
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 417.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g