This recipe is from "The Frugal Gourmet on Our Immigrant Ancestors" cookbook. It's a great Polish comfort food, easy to mix and serve, and it's easy on the pocketbook. I like to add sliced Kielbasa to mix when done and serve with a tossed salad and good hard-crust bread.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add cabbage and sauté 5 minutes, or till tender but still crisp.
- Stir in caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in salted water as directed on package.
- Don't overcook.
- Drain well.
- Stir noodles into cabbage and add sour cream.
- Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.