Recipe by mollypaul
Posted in response to a recipe request courtesy of The Frugal Gourmet Cookbook. Chilling time not included in the preparation time.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 5 slices fresh ginger, about the size of a quarter
- 2 star anise flowers (available at Chinese markets)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into three pieces each
- sesame oil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first six ingredients into a stockpot and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken wing pieces and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the liquid.
- Drain and serve cold drizzled with sesame oil, if desired.
- Save the sauce to use again (keep refrigerated).