- 2 cups tepid water (90 degrees)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, appx
- garlic, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix water, yeast, and sugar.
- Stir in oils and 1 t salt.
- Add 2 3/4 c flour, mixing well til spongy.
- Add enough remaining flour to make stiff dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until elastic.
- Cover with bowl and let rise til doubled.
- Divide dough in half, spread on cookie sheets using your fingers.
- Mix crushed garlic with olive oil; brush over bread.
- Sprinkle w/ dried rosemary and kosher salt.
- Cover and let rise.
- Bake at 375 for 1/2 hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- NOTE: You can also slice squares in half for sandwiches.