1 hr 30 mins
I think this came from the Frugal gourmet's tv show - was it back in the 80's? Anyway, this technique of "sealing in the juices" is wonderful and it ends the controversy (at least with me) whether the chicken on the grill is "really done". Try this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Choose a stockpot or large sauce pan, depending on amount of chicken you are making.
- 2Fill pot with water and bring to boil.
- 3Place chicken with skin in pot until it stops boiling.
- 4(Seals in juices) Remove chicken from pot.
- 5Bring pot to a boil again.
- 6Put chicken back in and bring to a full boil.
- 7When water and chicken are boiling again, put lid on pan, turn burner off.
- 8Let stand for one hour.
- 9Finish chicken by placing on grill for 15- 20 minutes Brush with barbecue sauce.
- 10Preparation time is an estimate.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frugal Gourmet Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g