Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This is one of my adopted recipes. I adopted this recipe, and some other German recipes, in honor of my old neighbor who was a wonderful cook! Cooking time is standing time.
- 1 small honeydew melon
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup blue grapes
- lettuce leaf
- 12 walnut halves
- 8 ounces yogurt, 1 Container
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out melon with melon baller.
- Cut peel from oranges, remove white membrane, and slice crosswise.
- Cut grapes in half and remove seeds.
- Line a glass bowl with lettuce leaves; arrange melon balls, orange slices, grapes, and walnuts in layers on top of lettuce.
- Mix and blend well all ingredients for the dressing.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Pour dressing over fruit.
- Let salad ingredients marinate for 30 minutes.
- Toss salad just before serving.