Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
If you like zabaione, you must try it frozen! A new twist on an old favorite, a good dessert on a warm summer night, or when you want to serve something a little bit different.
- Combine egg yolks, water, sugar and Marsala in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water.
- Beat mixture until it is lukewarm.
- Remove from over hot water and continue beating mixture until foamy and slightly thick.
- In a bowl, beat cream until stiff and blend into egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe 1 quart mold, cover and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- To serve, dip mold briefly into warm water and invert mold on serving plate.
- Cut zabaione into 6-8 portions.