Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really delicious frozen yogurt pie.
- 2 (8 ounce) containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) box black cherry gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) ready made chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt and black cherry gelatin.
- Gently mix in the Cool Whip, until well blended.
- Spoon into the chocolate cookie pie crust.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight; until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, or until it can be easily cut.
- Store leftover pie in the freezer.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- Note: Try substituting 1/4 cup of Tang Orange Flavor Drink Mix for the gelatin, and 1-(6 oz.) graham cracker pie crust for the chocolate cookie pie crust.
- I have made a variety of these pies, (9 to be exact) using various flavored gelatins and yogurts, and mainly w/a graham cracker pie crust. Use your imagination!
Had this for supper tonight to go with my Tortured Chicken #20099. This dessert was fantastic. It was to easy to be this good. The black cherry gelatin and the chocolate crust was to die for. Next time, I will try your substitutions. This topping would be great on top of pound cake or angle food cake. After mixing ingredients together, refrigerate topping until needed. Thanks for posting a new family favorite.
This is a great make-ahead dessert especially when you have unexpected guests. I plan on keeping a couple of these in the freezer just for such occasions. We loved the black cherry with the chocolate crust. It will also be fun to experiement with other flavors. Thanks for sharing this winner, Domestic Goddess.
I made this using strawberry gelatin and added some chopped strawberries. This was very good except that we needed a chain saw to cut it as it was frozen so hard. It might have been better if I had given it more time out of the freezer before serving.