Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A really delicious frozen yogurt pie.
Top Review by Audrey M
Had this for supper tonight to go with my Tortured Chicken #20099. This dessert was fantastic. It was to easy to be this good. The black cherry gelatin and the chocolate crust was to die for. Next time, I will try your substitutions. This topping would be great on top of pound cake or angle food cake. After mixing ingredients together, refrigerate topping until needed. Thanks for posting a new family favorite.
- 2 (8 ounce) containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) box black cherry gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) ready made chocolate cookie pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt and black cherry gelatin.
- Gently mix in the Cool Whip, until well blended.
- Spoon into the chocolate cookie pie crust.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight; until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, or until it can be easily cut.
- Store leftover pie in the freezer.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- Note: Try substituting 1/4 cup of Tang Orange Flavor Drink Mix for the gelatin, and 1-(6 oz.) graham cracker pie crust for the chocolate cookie pie crust.
- I have made a variety of these pies, (9 to be exact) using various flavored gelatins and yogurts, and mainly w/a graham cracker pie crust. Use your imagination!