Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wine that melts in your mouth! I believe these originally came from Wine Enthusiast. There are three different versions given: Zingy, Tropical, and Jammy. They are an appealing alternative to sangria or a wine spritzer and will really take the edge off a hot summer's day.
- 1 (750 ml) botttle new zealand sauvignon blanc wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottleunoaked Chardonnay wine
- 6 ounces mango nectar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottlecalifornia merlot or 1 (750 ml) bottleaustralian merlot
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 pint blackberry
- These are all assembled the same way. Add fruit juice or fresh fruit, blend until smooth, and freeze. The alchohol will prevent the mixture from becoming solid ice. Serve in a Margarita glass.
This was really yummy stuff. I had the Zingy today. I made it last night so it could freeze up a bit. Had it after work today, but had to scoop it out and let it defrost just a wee bit so I could slurp it up. The limeade in it adds such a nice tart flavor. Delicious stuff. I think I will try the Tropical on the weekend. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Made for the Think Pink Oct'09
OK, this was GREAT! I made the "zingy" recipe, but will be trying the others soon! It was slushy goodness in a glass! I did halve the recipe, much to my dismay, but I know better next time! Thanks for sharing, JackieOhNO!