Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
I tried this at a friends house and had to have the recipe. It is delicious! Cook and prep times are approximate. Cook time is for freezing.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 large egg whites, room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan with 2-3/4 inch high sides.
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press mixture evenly over bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan.
- Bake 6 minutes and cool on rack.
- Bring 1/2-cup cream to boil in medium saucepan and reduce heat to low.
- Add white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into large bowl mix in liqueur and vanilla.
- Cool completely.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves; boil until it reaches 238 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in boiling syrup.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form and meringue is cool.
- Fold egg whites into white chocolate mixture in 2 additions.
- Beat 1-1/2 cups cream in large bowl to soft peaks then fold into other mixture.
- Pour into prepared crust, cover tightly with foil and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer and run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake.
- Release pan sides and cover the top with raspberries.
- Cut and serve.